Amarilla Golf and Country Club is situated on the southern coast of Tenerife, just bordering the sea. The character of the 18 hole golf course is marked by the incredible views of the Atlantic Ocean which, without a doubt, inspired golf architect Donald Steel. The Golf course, surrounded by barrancos and a residential development, provides a defying challenge for the professional golfer while, at the same time, offers an attractive and enjoyable game for those of a more modest ability. From the first tee, the player discovers the spectacular ocean views. Following on to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th holes that are surrounded by a broad variety of typical canarian flora, enormous Cannas Indicas, the beautiful Washington Palms and the very exclusive Canarian Pines. The most impressive part of the round reaches its peak at the 5th hole: This is truly a gem for golf lovers, where the sea becomes a fairway, making it necessary to cross in order to reach the green. Amarilla Golf also offers with the recently inaugurated Pitch and Putt, 9 holes and par 27, which is only 20 meters away from the Pro Shop. Other installations include driving range, putting green, equestrian centre and Club House, which in itself, includes tennis court, swimming pool, bar and restaurant with views of the ocean and the Golf course and a 9 Holes PITCH & PUTT of 709 Metres.
With the completion of the Amarilla Golf wastewater treatment plant (WWTP), in Tenerife, the issue of discharges into the subsoil, via absorbent wells, in the coastal region of the municipality may be addressed once and for all.
It is a big and vital infrastructure that was part of the 2018-2021 Municipal Cooperation Plan and has cost over two million euros, of which the Island Council has paid for 80 percent and the San Miguel City Council has paid for the remaining 20 percent.
“The start-up of this treatment plant helps solve the treatment of wastewater not only in Amarilla Golf, but also in part of Golf del Sur. It is a large-scale work that has been possible to carry out thanks to the investment effort of both administrations”, explains Arturo González, mayor of San Miguel de Abona, who is satisfied with an action that he considers essential for the lower area of the municipality.
“The new WWTP has been built adjacent to the old WWTP in Amarilla Golf with the purpose of linking both facilities, to increase the operability of municipal treatment infrastructures and so maximise these services in the region”, says Zebenzu Chinea, Minister of Municipal Cooperation and Housing.
Book your golf holidays in Tenerife with Tee Times Golf Agency and play on some of the finest golf courses in Spain.(read moreclose)
All over OK. But first time we played after a 5 ball !
too windy and drunken players driving with buggy on the green??
Would not play the course again. Unforgiving layout with red stakes lining fairways all around. Pin positions seemed to be selected by somebody who didn't play golf, with them majority located on slopes meaning many putts were farcical. Some green complexes are completely unfair. Especially the par 3 over the cliffs - with high winds, this green should not be this small with the undulations, it is almost impossible to hold this green.
Très beau golf , belle vue sur la mer
The course was ok and in good condition. The play was slow as expected. If anything i think the organisation was lacking. The so-called marshalls were nothing compared to other course we’ve played in Europe. There was no check in at the tee, holes 1-3 were closed, groups allowed to go out in pairs which inevitably slowed play. As we started on the 4th we’re told we could play the front 3 last, on arriving there were 12 people waiting to tee. . If everybody is starting at the 4th this shouldn’t happen but they allowed people to start from the 1st at some point creating a backlog with people arriving from the 18th.
Thank you and Jorge for the perfect organization.
Overall I enjoyed my day at this Golf course
Really enjoyed but bizzy
Great course a little underrated in my opinion. Greens were in great condition, staff were helpful and friendly. Definitely going back in the future
Golf Reception was very friendly and helpful in assisting us to get satisfactory tee times.
Yes good course played before.
Use our interactive map to choose and book your preferred golf courses.